Thursday, April 30, 2009

Step up Partnerships for Added Revenue


I just received an email from Wyndham Rewards today, urging me to buy any BlackBerry® smartphone from LetsTalk.com between now and July 31, 2009 and I'll receive 15,000 Wyndham Rewards points – enough for up to 2 Free Night Stays.

Partnership marketing isn't new, but I always wonder why more travel suppliers don't take full advantage of the additional revenue? In this case, I am in the market for a new Blackberry, and the price is competitive...so why not? The key is to partner with a brand whose customers look like yours. The Blackberry partnership is a national campaign - but for local hoteliers, why not do a monthly partnership with local or online retailers? In addition to emails, you could tweet about the partnerships and grow your followers - even give away partners' products to turbo-charge retweets and other mentions.

So go ahead - find some good partners...and happy merchandising!

No comments: